Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have been working frantically all day cleaning the house for Thanksgiving. Cleaning gives you a lot of time to think. My family has had a rather tough year-My husband was forced into early retirement, his baby brother (and our best friend) died suddenly and now my job is being eliminated. We have pulled through it, though we will miss Roy for the rest of our lives. I have especially been missing him for the holidays and there have been tears again. But my job options are looking good. The move that I will most likely make will remove a lot of work responsibility and make life easier in that respect. I will also have more time to focus on my handmade creations, which is my first love. I am finally going to be able to attend a meeting with my etsy street team, I have items consigned in Midway, KY and Birmingham, AL and I have been asked to participate in the silent auction for The Living Arts and Science Center here in Lexington. So I am going into Thanksgiving with a feeling of peace and gratitude. I always know the Lord is allowing things to happen for a reason but sometimes it's a rough ride until you see the BIG PICTURE. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and a beautiful daughter, who makes me proud every day. I feel so honored to be her Mother. And of course, I have a dog who worships the ground I walk on :)

This has been a very hard year for just about everybody. Times like these are important I think. We rediscover the things that truly matter-family, friends, a quiet walk in the woods. These are what REALLY matter, not the newest gadgets. Take time tomorrow to give thanks to the Creator for the love you have. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: