Sunday, June 27, 2010

Working Hard

I just came in to cool down a little from some yard work. It's not even 10 AM and it's already too hot and humid to work for too long. The weather channel is forecasting low 80's all week-I sure hope they're right 'cause we sure could use a break from the heat! I cut back 4 of my 5 comfrey plants. They were looking rough so I will just let them grow back-no worries, they will grow back quickly! I am also using the opportunity to deal with the unwanted seedlings from the seeds that have fallen. I found one growing in the vegetable garden on the other side of the yard. I have NO idea how that got there unless an animal carried it in there. I will blame the chipmunks-it was in front of my Roma tomatoes and they are always stealing those!

One advantage to the early onset of Summer has been that my St. John's Wort started blooming very early. I want to post a video about this plant this week if I have time to get it made today. This plant is truly miraculous.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the Summer. It looks like I will be working myself nearly to death at my job so I won't have much enjoyment until my vacation. It will be nice because all of our renovations to the house will be done, the house will be put back together and we have family coming in from Texas and New York. It's all good when family is together.

No comments: