Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall is Here

I know the calender says Fall but it usually is still sweltering hot here in Kentucky.  We actually had a very cold Labor Day.  Actually we had nearly 100 degrees on the Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend then it was in the 60's on Labor Day.  On a normal year, we are well in the 80's and 90's through September and it doesn't get very cool until about mid-October.  Sometimes you don't even need a jacket on your kids for trick-or-treating.  But it is definitely cool already.  We are having some warm days but the leaves are turning colors and I haven't seen any of my hummingbirds for 3 or 4 days now.  The males have been gone for nearly a month so I'm sure the females have now headed south.

It will soon be time to cut down what's left of my garden.  My herbs didn't do really well this year.  I think it was actully too wet-we never dried out this year like we normally do.  My comfrey has thrived while everything else looks like crap but it likes cool weather and lots of moisture.

I had a really hard week this week and lots of sales, which is good.  I actually ran behind on shipping.  My customers may not have even noticed but I like to ship within 24 hours if at all possible and no later than 48 hours.  Some orders waited 3 or 4 days because I was just swamped and got nothing done last weekend and worked lots of overtime all week.

So today I am going to catch up on the last 2 orders, plus work on a new one, get some more things together to take to Tryly Bluegrass and continue to experiment on the perfume I'm tying to make for them.  I have also
been working on some other perfumes like my Amber blend and a Chypre.  I should probably spend some time with my husband too, you think?

No comments: