Monday, September 26, 2011

Perfumes

Lately I have been on a perfume making frenzy.  I am working on an all natural amber because even the so called "natural" ones on the market have some artificial (and irritating) notes that I don't like.  So I decided to make my own.  Research isn't easy, amber recipes are a closely guarded secret, but I have come up with one that I like.  This will be a fabulous base note in other blends and will work as a stand alone fragrance.

I've also been learning about the perfume family called Chypres.  A basic blend is bergamot, oakmoss absolute, patchouli and labdanum absolute.  There is so much room for variations by adding petitgrain, jasmine, rose, citruses, sandalwood, etc.  So actually, I could blend my 3 favorite perfumes (eau de cologne, soft patchouli, and amber), add a little oakmoss and have a perfect perfume.  I also have some of my amber blend, mixed with choya loban and a little birch tar essential oil and it is smelling very deep, smoky, and sensual. 

I am having fun and I think I have several masterpieces in the works!  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: