Saturday, February 18, 2012

President's Day

I'm up early and working hard already.  Now, I actually slept until 9 AM last Saturday-really.  Me.  I did.  I may have actually slept longer but my husband got me up.  It was freaky.  He was up at 7 and I slept in.  Of course last Friday night i was up until midnight and last night i was so tired I went to bed by 10.  That's ok-I have orders and truly Bluegrass needs Herbal Healing Balms so I am getting some work done.

I am also working on some perfumes again.  I had gotten some Mimosa Floral wax a couple months ago and decided to extract it pure grain to see if I could get a good extract and i strained it this morning.  It turned out really nice.  I'm adding it to a perfume I made a couple weeks ago-Yuzu with a touch of Jasmine.  If you've never experienced Yuzu then you simply have to get some.  It's Japanese grapefruit and this perfume smells delicious-so vibrant and lively.  Hands down the greatest citrus oil I've ever used-yup, even better than Bergamot.  I want to do perfume blends for each of the 4 seasons and this will be my Summer blend.  Here's what I'm thinking on the rest...........

SPRING-Cassie absolute and Lavender absolute for sure.  Probably Oakmoss as the base note.  This will have a soft green floral aroma and a green color.

FALL-I want to go deep earthy on this one.  Patchouli, Vetiver, Amber maybe with a touch of sweet or bitter orange.

WINTER-I want this to be a resin based meditative blend to honor the winter holidays.  Frankincense, Myrrh and Balsam Tolu.  This will also give a sweet spicy scent reminiscent of Chrism.

I also have some balsam Tolu resin being extracted in oil and some being extracted in alcohol.

I'll be on a listing frenzy for the weekend too.  I may even get some listings up in my aromatics store, which I have neglected.  I have 3 new fragrance oils to list there.  Nearly Nude-I am madly in love with this one.  It's a soft, powdery musk and makes a beautiful, clear cologne.  Misltetoe Kiss-this is meant to be a Christmas scent but I think it makes a nice masculine year round scent.  A friend of mine at work bought a bottle of this in a foaming hand soap for the bathroom and I'm still using it.  It's nice and green.  Monkey Farts-I made some hand soap from a sample of this I got and my daughter and her friends have gone insane over it.  It has a fruity scent-bananas, pineapple, etc.

I have found a secret way to make soap quickly too which I will keep to myself.  But I will also be listing some soaps-African Black Soap, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE and some goats milk soap. 

No comments: