Sunday, July 1, 2012

St. John's Wort

I just picked some flowers so I can make my first batch of St. John's Wort Oil in 2 years.  I don't know that I'll have a heavy harvest of flowers this year but it's much better than the nothing I had last year.  I will also make a flower essence at some point, but not likely today.

It was looking like it would storm-cloudy, windy, lightning, thunder.  Now it's just overcast.  As much as I would love to get some work done outside, I think I'll take whatever rain we can get.

My first small batch will be infused in a small crock pot in fractionated coconut oil to be used as a base in aromatherapy applications.  Other, hopefully, larger batches will be in extra virgin olive oil.  I love this oil-it's one that I keep on hand at all times.  It is so versatile and powerful, I won't be without it.

Still no Hummers...................not good.  My yard is where all the cool hummingbirds hang out.  I have no idea what is going on.  I find them to be wonderful weather predictors, so I wonder if they aren't coming because there will be no food to get them through the Summer.  it is already unbelievably hot and dry-it's not ususally this dry until August.

No comments: