Monday, April 1, 2013

I Think Spring is Finally Here

The plants are tired of waiting and they are shooting up like crazy!  All my potted plants made it too including my Artemesia, pictured above.  This is also known as western sage.

If you look closely in the middle you'll see my bloodroot starting to make an appearance.
Mugwort.  This is the first time I've had my mugwort come back.  It's a weed so I don't know why I have such a hard time growing it.
A fresh flush of sweetgrass in the midst of last years' dead grass.  And most exciting of all.............
I bought 3 rosa rugosa plants from horizon herbs last year and planted them.  That was the end of May or beginning of June, then it was way over 100 degrees the entire month of June and no rain.  I had a hell of time and really thought I would lose these precious babies.  Not only did they survive they are raring to go!




1 comment:

CoriLynn said...

I'm so excited for Spring! I have the tiniest backyard ever so I will have to live vicariously through your photos! ;)