Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grief

Unfortunately, the day after my last post, on Palm Sunday, my beloved brother-in-law past away unexpectedly. I had already considered doing a post on this subject because so many people are losing their jobs and the future is very uncertain for so many of us. I had no idea the subject would hit so hard and so close to home.

This is going to be a long and very personal post so please bear with me or skip right over it.

Everyone handles it differently, I know, but for us it has been a rollercoaster of emotions all week. Sometimes I have been just numb, sometimes laughing when I think of the good times, and agonizing grief when I know he won't be there anymore. My best advice is to go with flow and let it all out. Cry all you want when you feel like it. It's necessary and healthy. After the tears you will be able to look back without all the pain you feel know.

We packed up so quick, I didn't even bother taking any essential oils. I did, however take some Hawthorn extract and used it 2-3 times a day. Hawthorn is the best herb for heart health-Rosemary Gladstar says it also mends a broken heart. I believe it helped.

Since we have been home, I have turned back to my essential oils. Rose, spikenard, neroli and sandalwood for comfort; Clary sage and valerian root to help me sleep.

The day we came home, we made sure we were surrounded by family and friends. We talked and drank a little, and of course cried a little more.

The most important things are to try to get back into a normal routine as quickly as possible. Continuity does aid in the healing process. Again, it's also important to make time for those who love you most and still to cry whenever you feel like it.

I am happy to speak to anyone who is looking for healp in dealing with grief, whether it's a lost loved one, lost relationship, or a lost job. Even if you just want someone to listen. Please contact me through email in either one of my stores and I will be there for you.

1 comment:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I just wanted to tell you I'm very sorry for your grief and loss! Will say a prayer for you tonight!