Saturday, November 12, 2011

Helichrysum Essential Oil

I wanted to write about this oil this morning because I have been working with it today (and ran out) and because it's one of my favorites, as well as one of my most useful oils.  It is one of the pricier essential oils, but worth every penny.  Thank goodness I ordered some more last night because after my work this morning I don't have a single drop left!

The scent is a dry floral, tea with honey smell.  It's gentle enough to be used neat on the skin and, actually, that's my preferred method of using it on bruises.  It's THE best essential oil for healing bruises and one of my projects this morning was making a bruise healing oil with Arnica infused oil and Helichrysum essential oil.  Since we still have yard work to do this weekend we'll be using it for pain and we always seem to end up bruised, especially my husband since he's on blood thinners.


Helichrysum is also commonly used in facial oils to prevent wrinkles, as a wound healer (it also prevents scarring) and for trauma.

I also made an under eye oil for my daughter using this oil blended with avocado oil to help clear up her dark circles.  I ran out at that point so for my eye oil I used my scar treatment blend (which contains Helichrysum and other goodies for middle-aged ladies) and I threw in some Neroli to smooth out the lines around my eyes.

This is one of my "must have" essential oils for youthful skin along with Lavender, Neroli, and Rose.


I bought some plants this year, hoping to be able to infuse the flowers and save some money, bu they never produced flowers :(  I am hoping they survive the winter in Kentucky.  Not likely unless we have a long-overdue mild winter.

No comments: