Saturday, December 24, 2011

I Hope Everyone is Having a Merry Christmas

We have officially begun our celebrations and all is still good, as I stated in an earlier post.  Even our litle Christmas potluck and gift exchange at work was the best in years-or maybe even ever.  We had my family get together at Mom's last night-anyone in the state related to me by blood was there and it was wonderful!  I have gotten more of the true Christmas Spirit feeling from most people this year.  Most people have just decided to have joy this year-I can't explain it.  I don't think it's optimism with the economy, for sure.  And everyone definitely has less money to spend.  I think it's an actual consious choice people have made-including myself.  All I know is, last night we just enjoyed each others' company and were so grateful to have everyone together.  It doesn't get any better than that and I am so happy and at peace.  i can't remember the last time I felt this way at Christmas!  I hope this is a sign of how our next year will be, because the last few years have been quite rough for my family

Tonight we'll have some friends over to exchange gifts and visit, then when they leave we'll open our gifts.  Not many surprises under the tree-we all bought our own "big" gifts, including our daughter and left it up to the others to wrap.  She is truly becoming an adult.  But that's okay.  The most fun these days is watching our poodle-she is more excited about Christmas presents than any child!

No comments: