Sunday, December 4, 2011

What I've Been Up To

The last few days I've been pretty much strung out on pain meds.  I got rear-ended waiting to make a right turn at a red light on Tuesday on my way home from work.  I was surprisingly calm even after I got out and saw my car.  By Wednesday I was in so much pain I decided to get medical attention.  I have whiplash and they said the pain would be much worse the 2nd and 3rd day.  They weren't kidding.  Thank God I know what I know because I have probably saved myself a lot more pain.

I already had a bottle of massage oil made up with some leftover fractionated coconut oil, with rosalina, fragonia and english lavender, that I was using in small amounts before bed.  I added some arnica and st. john's oils to the bottle and some Australian Blue Cypress essential oil.  My daughter and husband have been massaging my sore back, neck and shoulders and I think it has really helped to break up the inflammation.  I'm still stiff and hurting a little.

I have today to rest and then I go back to work tomorrow.  This should be good and painful this time of year.  Even if I just work the window it's going to be painful.

No comments: