Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Head Hurts

I have so many ideas I wish i could quit my job to develop them!  My head is absolutely spinning with ideas for distillations when I get my still.  Right now I am thinking about an anti-inflammatory blend of German chamomile, calendula petals and rose petals.  I may actually do this and see if my friend Kelly would be a guinea pig for me.  She has rosacea so I'm sure she'll love it.  I also have a little redness and thread veins so I will use it.  I am also thinking about what a wonderful pillow spray I could make from my bath herbs blend-or a fabulous skin spray.

I also found some fabulous rosewater and orange flower water at an international market last weekend.  They are made with extracts but smell wonderful.  So this morning I made an eau de cologne blend with my favorite blend of bergamot, petitgrain, orange, lemon, orange blossom absolute and added some cassie absolute and oakmoss absolute to anchor the scent and add some light green notes.  Can't wait for this to meld together.  I pulled a little out and mixed 50/50 with the orange flower water in a little perfume bottle so I can check it often.  If only the weather in Kentucky could support bitter orange trees-I would SO get one in the yard!

1 comment:

srgoddess said...

I LOVE these scents...will you be offering this for sale? You wrote:
"So this morning I made an eau de cologne blend with my favorite blend of bergamot, petitgrain, orange, lemon, orange blossom absolute and added some cassie absolute and oakmoss absolute to anchor the scent and add some light green notes. Can't wait for this to meld together."