Sunday, February 1, 2009

In the Works

Boy have I been busy already today! Feeling inspired I guess. So I have decided to post a preview on the blog of all I have in the works. I have been working on an Aromatherapy training program with online support. This is not for certification, but definitely a great training program for the basics of aromatherapy and a usefule guide for incorporating it into every day life. The basic package will consist of the text and samples of the 12 basic oils that are required to be taught. The oils will be one dram (1/8 oz) each of peppermint, rosemary, french lavender, geranium, lemon, orange, tea tree, ylang ylang extra, eucalyptus smithii, clary sage, rose (10%), and roman chamomile. I hope to have the text portion completed Wednesday while I watch the step-grandbaby. There will also be an option to purchase a set of materials to go along with the basic package which will include carrier oils, salts, mixing bottles, etc.

My February spottedbox samples are cold care bath salts. These salts are made with myrtle and eucalyptus smithii essential oils so they are gentle enough for toddlers and the elderly plus everyone in between. They can be added to the bathwater and will help to open the breathing passages, soothe body aches, and promote a restful sleep. If you are lucky enough to score a box, I hope you find them helpful.

I have been working on my March/April samples. For March I will be sending in turbinado sugar scented with French Lavender essential oil along with instructions for a quick hand scrub. This is a great way to exfoliate and moisturize your hands (FABULOUS on rough elbows) and the ingredients are in your kitchen already. For April I am sending small press and seal tea bags filled with Lavender buds. These can be used as sachets to scent clothes or linens, tucked into a pillowcase for a good night's sleep, or tossed into the bath tub for a relaxing bath.

I am also working on a line of aromatherapy for your house. These are safe natural cleaning products with essential oils to boost cleaning power and scent the home. So far I have dishwasher detergent, wood cleaner, window cleaner, and a sanitizing spray. I am also working on a formula for a concentrated floor cleaner. I will be sending in a sample package of all these products for the spotted box blog giveaway. I have no idea when my turn will be so consult the blog often.

I am also working with some new co2 distillates. I love these because they are concentrated like an essential oil but preserve the properties of the whole herb. Plus the shelf life is much longer so I can create a more sgtable formula. I will be offering an intensive hand and face serum for the blog giveaway for the Bluegrass Etsy Street Team. Again, I'm not sure when my turn will come up so keep checking.

I am also considering another herbal educational kit. This would be for a tonic vinegar for women, which is high in calcium and iron. I use this myself, and find that my body assimilates the nutrients much better from the herbal vinegar than it ever has from supplements.

Whew! I think that's it for now. I will be stocking these items in my hyenacart store but will make them available by request in my etsy store.

Back to work. I am going to do laundry and clean out my closet! I took my vinegar last night so I am a bundle of energy today!

No comments: